Time to start reading reviews - new cameras from Leica just announced yesterday. Reviews are coming in:
: : : : : :
- Reid Review’s detailed reviews of the M Monochrome and X2 ::: time to get your subscription pronto ::: http://www.reidreviews.com/Reid’s reviews are SPECTACULAR - in them, he mentioned that for the M Monochrome, there are “really only two ways to see the ways in which the MM renders tonality. The first is in a good print. The second is on a calibrated monitor that provides a very nuanced rendering of B&W. There aren’t many of the latter. The Apple Cinema display I owned, for example, was good for B&W but not good enough. So far, the only digital monitors I’ve seen that render B&W really well are made by EIZO and NEC.”.
- Leica Forum’s Leica M Monochrome Video Review ::: Leicaforum’s youtube video
- Jonathan Slack’s Leical M Monochrome Review ::: www.slack.co.uk Having had the opportunity to test an M9 prototype before it’s launch in 2009, it was great to have a similar chance to test the new M Monochrom.
- Dpreview’s Hands-on Preview of the M-Monochrome ::: dpreview
- Ming Thein’s Leica X2 Review ::: Mingthein. Great review by Ming - he also compares it to the X1 which he used to own for a while.
- Pedro Ferreira on the Leica Apo-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH ::: Pedro’s video on the 50 cron
- Luminous Landscape’s hands-on preview of the M-Monochrome ::: luminous landscape
- Adam Marelli’s gives us his views on the new Monochrom M ::: Adam Marelli
- Parisian Mr Hoveeto and the new Leica X2 ::: vimeo
- Leica Rumour’s extra coverage of the May 10 press conference ::: Leicarumours
- 17 May Update ::: Edmond Terakopian’s preview of the Monochrome M
- 18 May Update ::: Here are an impressive set of DNG files from the new B&W only Monochrom M! ::: DNGs of files from the Monochrom M
- 21 May Update ::: More 1st impressions of the Monochrom M, this time from PopPhoto.com
- 21 May Update ::: Direct comparison of M9 and MM - Jono’s MM files
- 22 May Update ::: Thorsten’s word on the MM - Thorsten Overgaard